LILO problem.

Hi, All,

Here is my problem:

I am installing the testing version of debian. during the installation of
LILO, I choose to install it in the boot sector of hda2, which is my Linux
root partition (hda1 is windows 98). after that, it asks me whether I want
to install a new boot manager in the MBR, I thought that the purpose of
not installing LILO in MBR is to leave that untouched, so I answered no,
and then marked hda2 bootable in cfdisk (toggled off the bootable flag
of hda1 at the same time). then reboot, It says missing operating
system. so It seems to me that the DOS MBR is not finding hda2's boot
sector, I thought that it is supposed to find that and hand the controll
over to LILO. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? could it
be the problem with my DOS MBR, which can only load hda1?

Thanks a lot.

 Ming Feng Gu
 Center for Space Research
 MIT, NE80-6083