Re: LILO problem.

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:12:48AM -0400, Ming Feng Gu wrote:
( ... )
> I am installing the testing version of debian. during the installation of
> LILO, I choose to install it in the boot sector of hda2, which is my Linux
> root partition (hda1 is windows 98).

Hi,

there is only _one_ boot sector for the whole harddisk (e. g. hda).
So you have the following options:
1. Install lilo in the harddisk's MBR. It can boot windoze as well, as
   Paul explained.
2. Install lilo on floppy only. (You should make a boot floppy anyway.)
3. Use loadlin instead.
IMO, the 1st option is most convenient. If you don't want it anymore,
you can restore the old MBR with the DOS command fdisk /mbr .

HTH, Joachim

--
Joachim Fahnenmüller
Lehrer für Mathematik und Physik