Re: Debian: abandon ship?

> I'm not advocating FreeBSD. In fact, I tried it a couple of times, ran it for
> a week or two and hated it for a variety of reasons. Debian is the only
> OS/Distribution that I ever liked (which is no surprise, of course)
>
> I just wanted to say that maybe changes to "stable" should be more
> incremental.

Yes, I agree...

> E.g., once it's determined that KDE2 is secure and stable, why
> not add it?

Well, because the packaging could have serious problems... And because
the version to be added to stable was not tested with the other packages
in stable, so we don't know if it'd work.

Maybe that could be remedied if the notion of "proposed-updates" was
changed... But the developers are already discussing a lot of changes.
I'd wait until Woody is released before duggesting any new ideas...

J.