Re: lilo and booting from /dev/hde question

hi ya alice

if you tried to boot from fd into /dev/hde1  and it didnt work...
my guess is your mb doesnt support booting off drives hde-hdf-hdg-hdh...

options are...
- move /dev/hde to hdd or something lower...
- reverse hda and hde on the drives ( controller cables )

- change the current hde:/etc/fstab to /dev/hda instead of /dev/hde..
	and than reboot .. might need the boot fd to boot into the new hda
	( old hde )

	add the original hda  as new hdb or hdc or hdd or...

- leave /dev/hda alone till you can get hde working... so you can recover
  from any ooppps

- getting a new mb is an overkill

c ya
alvin