lilo and booting from /dev/hde question

Yeah.... it's me again :)

ok... got everything copied over to the new big disk on /dev/hde

Next obstacle.... is there a way to use lilo to boot from /dev/hde when
it's the only hard drive on the system without doing that ide=reverse
line?

I tried just setting the root to /dev/hde1 on a boot floppy and I got some
message about not being able to boot from device 300 or something (sorry,
I was too busy trying to figure out how to get access to my hd again to
think to write it down exactly :/ )

See, the current hd I have is hda and I'm not sure how that ide=reverse
line would affect things while I'm testing....

Should I just edit the fstab and lilo on _that_ hd to act as if everything
is on hda and use the ide=reverse  in that hd's lilo.conf?

My current hd is in a drawer so I can just pull it out before I try to
boot from the new hd.

-Alice