Re: new debian setup help requested

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 04:21 pm, Tim -- Senior Technical Support,
Earthlink. wrote:
> New to debian, i'm faced with the challenge of installing debian tonite,
> setting up a USB PPPoA Bellsouth.net adsl connection to be shared out via
> ethernet card to a peer-to-peer network (static internal ip addresses and
> hub connectivity, windows platform workgroups)  and i'm a little
> overwhelmed.  any ideas?
>
> Tim

1. get the basics in place to enable access to this list

2. www.debian.org/doc is often all the support one needs

3. disconnect the voice line

4. keep your inebriant of choice at hand (panic retardant)

5. post the problems to the list as they arise

there's an excellent community of users on this list who've never let me
down. i would expect that most of us will be there with you as the night
progresses.

good luck.

ben