Disabling inetd altogether?

Hi!

I'm running unstable and I'd like to ask, what is the recommended way
of disabling inetd altogether without having to deinstall netbase as
well (as it depends on netkit-inetd). I'm well aware that I can disable
every service in the /etc/inetd.conf file, but why have it running
then? Is there any recommendation of how to turn inetd off? Or should I
use update-rc.d and remove the symlinks to /etc/init.d/inetd? Is there
no neater way?

TIA.

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

 tagline in beta - full release to follow.