Re: Debian: abandon ship?

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 04:41:20AM -0700, Nick Jacobs wrote:
> The main result was that a small number of
> Debian insiders posted abusive comments
> message.

Maybe I've just been around the 'net too long and been too hardened
by it, but I haven't seen anything (from either side) that I would
call "abusive".

> But what separates the doers from the wannabes
> is the ability to admit a mistake, change
> direction, and move on.

As was mentioned here yesterday, dropping all the new architectures
would not significantly affect the release timing, as the security
team would still be unable to support both potato and a 6-arch woody
without the infrastucture improvements which are underway and, when
complete, will allow them to support an 11-arch woody.

If the real problem is simply one of having too many archs, then it
is that potato has too many, not that woody does.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss