Re: this post is not off-topic

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:15:45AM -0300, synthespian wrote:
> Em Ter, 2002-06-04 ?s 19:18, Colin Watson escreveu:
> > On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 02:05:55PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> > > How much are those of us who have been using woody and constantly
> > > updating and upgrading all this time actually missing?  What will the
> > > move to stable actually get us that we don't already have?
> >
> > Security updates (and advisories, etc.) will be the primary change.
>
> 	Shouldn't Debian's security policy (if there is one...) be revised?

No, we should just release. Supporting woody for security updates is no
easier (in terms of necessary infrastructure upgrades) than releasing it
as stable, and the latter is much preferable now.

Supporting security updates for testing is good in principle, that's
true. However, nobody with the necessary skills has yet had the time to
volunteer to manage it.