2 pcmcia ethernet cards?

Hi,

I have two pcmcia ethernet cards which do work.  I am running them as a
firewall and would like to have a bit tighter control about how and when
they load.

Will specifying their i/o, irq parameters in lilo.conf let me specify
which one is which.... as seems to be indiccated in the following tip?

Note: These are PCMCIA cards, and thus not visible to the kernel till
after cardmgr is running.

<snip>
--Detecting 2 ethernet cards--

 To configure an ethernet card in Linux, you need to enable it
 in the kernel. Then the kernel will detect your ethernet card
 if it is at a common IO port. But it will stop there, and
 will never check if you have 2 ethernet cards.

 The trick is to tell the ethernet driver that there are 2
 cards in the system. The following line will tell the kernel
 that there is an ethernet card at IRQ 10 and IO 0x300, and
 another one at IRQ 9 and IO 0x340:

ether=10,0x300,eth0 ether=9,0x340,eth1

 You can add that line on bootup at the "boot:" prompt, or in
 the /etc/lilo.conf file. Don't forget to run:

lilo

 That will reload the lilo.conf file and enable changes.
 </snip>

aloha,
dave