Re: Spam mail question - yuppers

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 06:25:40PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:
> 	and the From <> is a nuisance from some spammers is a
> 	good thing to reject .... ( ie ... <> and "is spammer" )
> 		- havent figured it out yet ..

My point was that if you configure your mail server to reject mail
From <> then you are in violation of several RFCs and are likely to be
placed on the DSN blacklist at rfc-ignorant.org.  Please don't do it.

Now, if you're not the postmaster at your domain, and are only blocking
it for your own personal mail (e.g. via ~/.procmailrc), then go ahead.
But realize that if you do then you'll be filtering out legitimate
messages from MAILER-DAEMON in addition to whatever spam you filter.

noah