Re: Help! Lilo Problems with NT and Debian Linux

Am Montag, 3. Juni 2002 17:50 schrieb Sebastian Canagaratna:

>  Any suggestion for safely recovering so that I can boot up into
>  WIndows, and also chose linux from the menu rather than always
> use a floppy to boot into linux?

Hello,

I think you can use M$ fdisk /mbr to reinstall the masterbootrecord
of windows, but I'm not shure, if it will work under NT (I only run
win98).

So you can bootup windows (I hope so...) to backup c:\bootsect.lnx
on a floppy or something else.

Then you can try to start your root system with the rescue cdrom or
floppy:

mount /dev/rootpartition /mnt
chroot /mnt
edit lilo.conf or similar action
lilo
exit
umount
reboot

Maybe you can find in these documents something useful:
/usr/share/doc/lilo/README.common.problems
/usr/share/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz

I hope that will be helpful

gerhard