Re: mechecks@aol.com

Mechecks@aol.com writes:

> [I'm] trying to put my screen size to its reg size picture. [It's
> currently] too large.  [W]hat do i do, please?

Hi Janet,

I imagine you are referring to your XServer's default resolution? If
this is the case, you should adjust the settings in XF86Config
(usually somewhere down /etc [mine is in /etc/X11]).

In the Screen section, there are things like this:

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       16
        Modes       "640x480" "800x600"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection

This sets the resolution to 640x480 or 800x600 (with the former being
the default; it's possible to switch among them using a key sequence).

I had to play around *alot* to make mine work right but then again I
wasn't using a standard video-card/system (StarMax PPC Macintosh
Clone).

Elizabeth