changing servers' UID/GIDs

Hi!

I try to keep two machines running Debian v 3.0 the same, essentially
mirrors of one another. But stupid me, i probably messed up the order and
installed Heartbeat, Postfix and MySQL with different sequence on each
computer. Now i have same system users postfix, haclient and mysql with
different UID/GIDs. I think it would be good to have systems the same
down to its users' UID/GIDs.

I believe i could quite easily just find files belonging to specific
user/group and change them appropriately. But are there some hidden rocks
i could run into doing so? What about Debian package management, for
example?

I'd be very grateful for any opinions on that matter. Sorry if this
question is already answered somewhare and you can kindly point me to that
resource.

Imre