Spooling a print job to a Windows box

Apologies for this just-barely-debian-related post.

I've done the usual googling, but haven't turned up anything. Running
smbclient -L 10.0.0.101 on my debian box reveals:

Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        My Documents   Disk
        IPC$           IPC       Remote IPC
        SharedDocs     Disk
        print$         Disk      Printer Drivers
        Epson          Printer   Epson Stylus COLOR 740 ESC/P 2
        epson740i      Printer   EPSON Stylus COLOR 740

So it seems that the epson740i printer is indeed shared. But if I run

  DEVICE_URI="smb://10.0.0.101/epson740i" smbspool 1 ndw title 1 none .bash_profile

smbspool reports

  ERROR: cli_session_request() failed...
  ERROR: Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds...: Success

I've tried all the combinations username/password/workgroup that I can
think of in the DEVICE_URI.

Does cli_session_request() failed shed light for anyone?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Are you not the future of all the