Kernel Recomp Problems

Hi all,

     After noticing that I lack OSS support, I set out to recompile my kernel
(2.4.18). After a couple hours of work, it was compiled and I rebooted to try
it out. After I modified the GRUB command to be issued, I pressed 'b' to boot.

The screen went black for about 10 seconds before I heard the tell-tale beep
indicating that my box was rebooting itself. Evidently, my attempt to compile
my own kernel failed.

Any idea about what may have gone wrong?

--
Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus) -- http://surreality.us:8080/~rizen/