Re: New Debian user - a bunch of problems

Hello Paul,

Am Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2002 11:08 schrieb Paul Johnson:

> The preferred method would be switch to your favorite place to
> compile stuff, and do this
>
> apt-get -b build-dep pine

What did you mean?
I get :
debian:/usr/local/src# apt-get -b build-dep scribus
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Sorry, you must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
debian:/usr/local/src# ls
scribus-0.7.3.tar.gz
debian:/usr/local/src#

> apt-get -b source pine
> <get some coffee>
> # dpkg --install *.deb
> (assumes the only debs in the current directory are the ones just
> built)

I want to install scribus-0.7.3.tar.gz debian-like.
Is there a way with apt-get? Or should I use checkinstall or alien?

Any suggestion is appreciate.

regards

gerhard