ot mysql .ISM file missing; table has no records error.

Hi, sorry for the off topic post.  My friend reviewed a database I built
and made some changes to the table structure although now I can't use it
because of this perm error.  He had no trouble getting around this when
I tarred & emailed it to him originally so what am I missing?   Thanks,
Justin

mysql> use properties;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names You
can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Didn't find any fields in table 'cities'
Didn't find any fields in table 'properties'
Didn't find any fields in table 'property_units'
Didn't find any fields in table 'unit_details'
Didn't find any fields in table 'unit_types'
Database changed
mysql> show tables;
| Tables in properties |
| cities               |