switching to an external projector

    Hey people,

    Currently with my Sony Vaio, if I boot Linux with the VGA port connected
to a monitor, both the lcd screen and the projector are displayed. The Fn-F8
combo does nothing under Linux at any time, and booting with the VGA port
connected is the only way to get an external display under Linux.
    If I use WinME, the Fn-F8 combo works.

    Any idea how to get this working with Linux?

    Thanks,

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix