Re: 'debian' submenus have disappeared from my KDE menu

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:18:04AM +0200, I.J.W. Wever wrote:
> This morning I learned the hard way why one should alias 'rm' to 'rm -i'.

Opinions will wary, but that is not necessary. Besides, it will get you
into the habit of depending on "-i" as a check of last resort. If you
were on another machine, where this alias didn't exist, you could do quite a
bit of damage. What you need is a good backup implementation.

> Everything is allright now, except for one tiny thing: every major topic
> in the KDE menu used to hold a 'debian' submenu, where all installed
> applications, not directly associated with KDE could be selected.
> Those submenus have disappeared after the re-install and I can't find a way
> return them (apart from adding every program by hand to self-made 'debian'
> submenus ;)). I found that structure quite convenient, so I wonder if anyone
> on this list might know how to return them.
>
> sincerely.
>
> Ivo Wever
> I.J.W.Wever@student.tnw.tudelft.nl

See Joachim's reply.