'debian' submenus have disappeared from my KDE menu

This morning I learned the hard way why one should alias 'rm' to 'rm -i'.
Everything is allright now, except for one tiny thing: every major topic
in the KDE menu used to hold a 'debian' submenu, where all installed
applications, not directly associated with KDE could be selected.
Those submenus have disappeared after the re-install and I can't find a way to
return them (apart from adding every program by hand to self-made 'debian'
submenus ;)). I found that structure quite convenient, so I wonder if anyone
on this list might know how to return them.

sincerely.

Ivo Wever
I.J.W.Wever@student.tnw.tudelft.nl