Re: Dual Boot with XP

> 	1: install XP to hda1
> 	2: install Debian to hdb1-7
> 	3: install lilo to hda
> 	4: edit lilo.conf as above
> 	5: run lilo
> 	6: reboot and select as appropriate
>
> Is the right things in the right order?

That's the order I'd recommend.  That's what I did with my current box.  Nicos
was right in saying that M$ writes its own boot sector whether you want it to
or not.  So the easiest way to install the dual boot machine without having to
jump through a bunch of hoops when it comes time to install the boot loader is
to just install M$ first, then install the OS that you'll actually *use*. ;)

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington                http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli