Re: IMP3,horde2, Postgresql from sid

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 11:03, Mike Egglestone wrote:

> > By default postgres only listens on a unix socket. At the bottom of the
> > pg_hba.conf file it tells you that you can set postmaster to allow
> > tcp/ip access by putting
> >
> > tcpip_socket = 1
> >
> > in your /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf
> >

> Hi,
> Yes, this was already set by the default.
> Could there be any other areas I may have missed?

The default access controls (in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf) only allow
TCP/IP access to localhost;  do you need to enable access from some
other hosts?  (You say it works OK with localhost, which suggest that
this may be the problem.)

     "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and he shall
      strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the LORD."
                                    Psalms 27:14