Re: Applications not using hosts file for name resolution

> This is a wierd but correct behaviour of IPv6 resolution. There are a
> huge number of bug reports about it.

Do you know the rationale behind IPv6 considering this 'correct'?
If you could explain it for the benefit of myself and everyone else
who gets bit by this and searches the Debian archives, I'd be most
grateful.

It's patently a bug, if only in the IPv6 spec.  Overriding DNS is half
of what we use the hosts file _for_...

Many thanks,

--Pete

(Not the guy who makes Pete's Wicked Ale)