Re: PHP4 setup problems

On 2002.05.28 08:41 James Cameron wrote:
On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 22:36, Andrew Pritchard wrote:
> Hmmm - now it comes up with a 403: Permission denied. And from the
error.log:
>  [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Options ExecCGI is off in this
> directory: /var/www/hello.php

Make sure it is not executable.  Mine are not, and they work.

After that, if it still doesn't work, what have you changed in
httpd.conf since installing the packages?  I thought all I did to make
it work was 'apt-get install apache php4'.

I've noticed, at least with mod_perl, that the package does not work out of the box. apt-get installs the necessary components, but you still need to make any required configuration changes (e.g., set up a /perl alias and configure PerlHandler for mod_perl).

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature...

Ian