Re: PHP4 setup problems

On 2002.05.28 08:36 Andrew Pritchard wrote:
> You're right, it is very simple.
>
> Move the script to /var/www or where your other content is, then
access
> it via your web server.
>
> http://localhost/hello.php
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if we all forgot to mention that in the
> documentation!

Hmmm - now it comes up with a 403: Permission denied. And from the
error.log:
 [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Options ExecCGI is off in this
directory: /var/www/hello.php

Not surprising really - I thought that was the point of having your
executable/cgi's in /usr/lib/cgi-bin

The point of CGI is to allow you to execute a script instead of display content. With newer content models such as mod_perl and PHP, which allow you to both display content and evaluate scripts, the line is not quite so distinct. The ExecCGI option allows you to specify, on a per directory basis, locations other than cgi-bin where executable content resides.

Ian