Re: Setting up Email from multiple POP accounts

    Damian> I want all this mail to be downloaded to a central
    Damian> computer however I don't all this mail to exist in one
    Damian> bucket so to speak. Ie I'd want be able to access the mail
    Damian> from developter@somewhere.com and
    Damian> administrator@somewhere.com from one computer whereas I
    Damian> would like to access the mail from
    Damian> administrator@somewhere.com adn user@somewhere.com from a
    Damian> different computer. The other computers that require
    Damian> access to the mail repository are a Linux, Solaris, Irix
    Damian> and possibly a MSWin. I haven't got any mail client
    Damian> preference though.

I'm not sure if this is what you want, and it probably isn't, but
maybe, it might give you a hint as of a way to solve your problem.

I once wanted to download mail from different POP accounts and I
wanted to reply to them using the same addresses from which I recieved
them.  What I ended up doing was making separate accounts on my local
system for each of the e-mail addresses.  So, I had something like
'masee', 'marshal', and 'contact' as users on my computer.  'masee'
would hold mail from 'masee@pop1.com', 'marshal' would hold mail from
'marshal@pop1.com', etc.

I had fetchmail get my mail for me and send it to the appropriate
user's accounts.

Since I only work on one computer, I just had to switch VTs and use my
email reader (gnus) to do all the work and reply.  I gather that you
want to access this remotely, so I'm not sure how this would work out
for you...

When I replied, I had exim setup to rewrite the mail headers, since
I'm on a dial-up.  So 'masee@localhost' would be rewritten to
'masee@pop1.com', etc.  This is done using /etc/email-addresses.

So, that's that.  I hope it helps.

Good Luck.