Re: Sharing Mozilla profiles with W2k

Andy Saxena wrote:
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:13:22AM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:

Andy Saxena wrote:

(snip)

If it is not advisable, would any of the files (e.g., bookmarks.html)
be safe to copy around?

Finally, if it is sensible to share, how do I do it?  Set
~/.mozilla/default to be symlink to the other directory?
(The other directory is writable from Linux).

You can turn ~/.mozilla into a symlink to the vfat partition folder
where Mozilla on Windows stores its settings. If you are using NTFS,
this obviously won't work,

Why not?

I just created such a link to test your statement. I didn't name it .mozilla because I didn't want to move my profile.

Wow, that's an old post. I don't have my original reply.

Anyway, did you try starting up Mozilla? How is Mozilla going to write
to an NTFS partition? :-}

AFAIK, the NTFS driver for Linux can only perform read operations. I
think the write support is still experimental, unless this has changed
recently.

Duh!  I knew that!

The link does work but as you reminded me I can't write to my NTFS partition.

Thanks,

Paul