Re: Debian-Reference-Manual

Hello,

thank you for the immediate reply. Thats one reason i like this list :)

Thus schrieb Oliver Elphick:

> On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 20:51, Michael Wördehoff wrote:
> > Looking for some tutorials to leave the Debian-'newbie' behind me i found
> > Osamu Aoki's 'Reference' at
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/admin-manuals#quick-reference
> > As proposed, I let my dpkg-Manager download and install a cvs-server (
> > with little support by myself :) , then cvs-downloaded the
> > Reference-Data.

> Well this proposal is really for those who want to change the manuals,
> or keep right up to date with changes.

O.K. Clear now.

> > What I would like to have is something like a browsable HTML-Book.
> > Surely I'm not supposed to convert the data piece by piece via sgml2xml
> > and xmllint ? Probably I don't see the point, but -what kind of
> > 'converter' or 'browser' can I use ?

> Just follow any of the other links, to English version (or French or
> Spanish) or to the development version.  You'll find it in proper
> readable format.

I did found that actually, but could'nt figure out how to download and save
the whole document at once.  It's a problem i use to have frequently....using
Konqueror I can't find a feature to 'grep' and save an online-document at
whole.  Instead i used the cvs.
I heard of 'pavuk' - maybe I should have look there. Or change the browser ?
Or RTFM....;)

Now i followed another link and got a text-version. Sufficient for now.

This is an appendix for the archive... some helpful information at the end of
the 'Reference' ( - until now I'd look only at the beginning - maybe this is
germanspecific ? ;)

> The latest official version is
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/
> The project is hosted at http://qref.sourceforge.net/

> This document is available for download in plain text, HTML, PDF,
>  and PostScript formats.

> The original SGML files used to create this document are also available in
> CVS at: :pserver:anonymous@cvs.qref.sf.net/cvsroot/qref or
> http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/qref.tar.gz.

> Conversion utilities for DebianDoc SGML are available in the Debian package
> debiandoc-sgml.

Greetings

--
Michl.