Re: convert netscape/win32 Email to debian mail client ???

Michael D. Schleif wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:

Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Sun, 26 May 2002 16:24:43 -0500
> "Michael D. Schleif" <mds@helices.org> wrote:
>
>>However, I have ~2 GB of netscape Email on this nt4 box, without which I
>>do not want to live . . .
>
> AFAIK, the file format for the Win32 and *nix versions of Netscape are
> compatible.  So you should be able to move the file over to the woody box
> (many options to choose from here) and use either Netscape 4.x or Mozilla
> to read them.

Care to elaborate?

I can copy/move these Email files quite readily; but, how to read them
with else?

As a trivial start:

mail -f <path-to-email-file>

will read a mail file like this just fine.

Of course, even if it is that simple, I am still left with the decision
regarding what program[s] is/are the best long term solution for
managing a large mass of Emails.

What do you think?

See other answer(s) for this. I use Mozilla (0.9.9) for all of my email. I move files like this (20 or 30MB, not 2GB yet) around and edit them with a test editor all the time. If this is one big 2GB file I might use Netscape on the NT box to organize them into folders first

Paul