Re: ddt-client

On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 10:45, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 04:28:26PM -0400, Scott Henson wrote:
> > I am trying to get a ddt acount up and running, but I am running into
> > some problems.  I have this D-link cable router (DI-704) that I have
> > between me and the internet.  I was wondering if anyone had experience
> > setting up ddt-client to update my ddt account through this router.  I
> > have tried both setting up the router to forward 1052 to my computer(I
> > dont know if it is trying to forward 1052/tcp or 1052/upd like it
> > should).  I also tried setting my computer as the dmz host, but nothing
> > seems to work like it should.  I am running a testing system with the
> > ddt-client from sid(0.5.6 if Im not mistaken).  Thanks for any help.
>
> [I do use ddt, but I don't have cable, so I doubt I can help.]
>
> Do you have a real IP, or is the cable router masquerading?

Its masquerading and Im using port forwarding.  What is weird is that my
smtp port is working because I can receive mail, but aparently the http
port is not working because people cannot access my web page.  I am
using adelphia cable as my ISP.  Im pretty much stumped on why smtp will
work, but http and ddt will not work.  Any ideas?

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."