Re: bringing up multiple pc-card interfaces

On Sun, 26 May 2002 03:03:03 -0600
"Dave Price" <davep@kinaole.org> wrote:

> It work, except that on boot the system trys to start the network before
> the cardservices are ready.
>
> I have the configurations of eth0 and eth1 in /etc/interfaces as static.
>
> Even after the cards are recognized, using ifconfig eth0 up, etc does no
> seem to set the interface(s) up right ... so far, poping the cards out
> an in appears to be the only reliable? way to get them to set up.

You can find more information about this and why it's happening here:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=147676&repeatmerged=yes

The solution is very similiar to what I proposed in my earlier post.

--
Jamin W. Collins