Re: Maildir use with Mutt

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 03:05:21PM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:
| begin  dman  quotation:
  ^^^^^

I like your tactics here.  If a critical mass of people with something
useful to say agree to tickle some of Outhouse's bugs, then maybe the
outhouse will
begin to die :-).

| > In an mbox, messages must have a
| > knows how many lines the message is.
|
| Not "must have", but it makes mbox processing more efficient. If the
| Lines header is not there, the reader just reads on until it finds a
| blank line followed by "From ". This is why, when someone begins a
| paragraph with the word "From", you often see that the mail software has
| changed it to ">From" -- it prevents confusion.

Yeah.  I guess maybe mutt just counts lines as it reads an mbox if the
in conjunction with the default index_format, is what causes the size
to be displayed as 0.

-D

--

Be sure of this:  The wicked will not go unpunished,
but those who are righteous will go free.