Re: Safe, secure mail relay

hi ya daniel

fun stuff ...

- ssh and mutt seems to be the best...
	- receiver of the emails see the email coming form your
	normal accounts and domain names...

- web-based emails:  webased.riddlemaster.org
	-  you cans end and receive emails from any ip#
	to anybody

	- security of your login/pwd is at issue but only for
	sending/receiving emails for travelDan@riddlemaster.org

	list of web-based mail apps
	http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Mail/webmail.txt

	- yahoo/hotmail/excite type accounts are for the birds ??

- setup a local ppp dialin server w/ an 800# to call your own server
  ( if you can dial up att/aol/earthlink... you can call yourself )
	- international phone calls might be a different issue
	( best way ?? )

- when you are traveling..  do you need access to your other windoze PCs
  and its shares ??
	- use ssh if you dont need to talk to windoze PCs

	- use VPN ... freeswan + ipsec + ??

	- $150 cablemodem routers with vpn ports that accepts incoming
	vpn connection from any where ....
		( i think its bad idea...but it works for some folks )

- if you prefer pop/imap...
	- use secure pop3 ...
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/secure_pop3.txt

- secure smtp w/ SSL ....