Modifying a bootable ISO iamge?

I'm starting to play around with modifying my brand new TiVo.

There is a bootable CD ISO on the net with some tools for working on these,
but it contains some tools (mfs tools) which are of an older version thna I
need.

Now, since I will be booting from thsi CD, it would be convienent if I
could inpack this ISO smewhere, replace the old tools with the new ones,
and warp all of this back up inot an ISO for burning to a CD again.

Is this possible, using tools on my woody machine? If so could someone give
me some clues?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin