apache-perl and apache httpd.conf

I recently installed apache-perl on my home machine. When I try to run the executable (/usr/sbin/apache-perl), I get the error message:

apache-perl: could not open document config file /etc/apache-perl/httpd.conf

Sure enough, there is no httpd.conf in /etc/apache-perl. There is, however, a httpd.conf under /etc/apache (presumably this is left over from the previous non-perl apache). What sort of bad things, if any, should I expect to happen if I copy this over to /etc/apache-perl?

Thanx,
Ian