Re: Calendar/scheduling softwae fro debain?

on Wed, May 22, 2002, Thomas R. Shannon (tshanno@lumc.edu) wrote:

> I strongly recommend the calendar that comes with Emacs (calendar.el):
>
> 1) its almost certainly already on your system.
> 2) its very versatile
> 3) it stores you appointments in text files
> 4) since Emacs is cross-platform for almost everything, it can be used
> anywhere on virtually every machine.

This doesn't answer the needs of non-technical windows/mac users.  Yes,
emacs runs on these platforms, however the users won't use it.

What protocols does emacs's calendar support?  The two majors are iCal
and (IIRC) iMap.  Or is it iPam.  I'm looking for some way to peer
stuff, though WebCalendar is also looking good.

Peace.

   LNX-BBC:  Bootable GNU/Linux -- Don't leave /home without it.
     http://www.lnx-bbc.org/