Re: Calendar/scheduling softwae fro debain?

on Mon, May 20, 2002, stan (stanb@awod.com) wrote:
> Can anyone recomend a nice time schedulign software application that's in
> Debain Woody's archive? A Gnome interface would be a plus.

Depends on your needs.  I'm investigating this myself, the following may
be of interest:

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ApplicationsCalendaring

...the TWiki is something I'm setting up as YA channel for a bunch of
folks I've hung with over the years.  Peter Whysall (who's turned into a
pretty decent Debian shill) has been on d-u in the past couple of
months.  Explorers welcomed.  Authentication doesn't work, so be my
TWikiGuest ;-)

Basic choices:

   - evolution
   - korganizer
   - gnome-pim

...though there are others

Two of the better additional discussions I've found are Christopher
Browne's "Linux Scheduling Tools" page:

    http://www.cbbrowne.com/info/pimslinuxvcard.html

...and a discussion at LWN:

   http://lwn.net/2001/0809/desktop.php3

Peace.

   Scandinavian Designs:  Cool furniture, affordable prices, great service.
     San Rafael, CA.