Re: Uninstalling programs

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 03:44:14PM -0700, curtis wrote:
> I'm sorry for this stupid question, but how do you unmake or uninstall
> a program that wasn't install through apt-get or dselect?

rm. :)

Some programs have a 'make uninstall'. Others you just have to pick
apart by hand. If you install each third-party package in
/usr/local/stow/<package> and use stow to create a symlink farm in
/usr/local, then uninstalling is a matter of 'cd /usr/local/stow; stow
-D <package>; rm -rf <package>'.