Re: latex->xpdf

> Now all my text appears beautifully in both xpdf and acroread (using
> pdflatex), BUT... I also have some bitmapped eps files I am
> including.  These are graphs (simulink output, actually) which I had
> to screengrab on an NT box, using Gimp for win32, save as a jpeg (the
> NT gimp I have access to doesn't do eps, and it's not about to change)
> email it to my debian box, open it in the Gimp, save it as eps, and
> then use the psfig package to include it in my document.  Now, if I
> use pdflatex then the eps figures don't display in either acroread or
> xpdf; there is the correct space reserved for them, but it is just
> blank.  If I use latex->dvips->ps2pdf then acroread displays them
> correctly but not xpdf.  Does anyone have any ideas on that one?
>
> Tom

I'm not familiar with the psfig package.  I always use
\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx} for postscript graphics and
\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx} for pdf graphics.  To convert from .eps to .pdf,
use the 'epstopdf' tool.  Not sure which pacakge that is, but 'apt-cache
search' should help (I'm at work right now on a Solaris box).

Also, Matlab has supported .eps files natively for years, so I would be very
surprised if simulink did not.  You might have to click through a few dialog
boxes (one reason I prefer matlab to simulink), but the option should be
there.

Have fun.