Re: mixture of regular debian libs and ximian gnome libs

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:43:49AM +0200, Josef Oswald wrote:
> Well it seems that by installing ximian gnome I installed a mixture of
> incompatible libs, ( just found out this evening as I wanted to
> install various *-dev libs.)
>
> Now how can I solve this situation?

Uninstall all the Ximian packages, they're quite broken and completely
incompatible with the GNOME in woody (which will be that stable
distribution in a week or two (or twenty)).  This command line should
help:
COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l|grep -i ximian
The COLUMNS variable is needed because dpkg crops the version field if
the terminal is too small.

-rob