Alsa 0.9 rc-1-2 with emu10k1 -> noise

All,

Everything seem to be working perfectly (almost). Somehow as soon as
some sound is made, it produces a lot of noise. I have no idea where it
comes from or how I can turn it off. I've been playing with the mixer
settings but it will not help.

Anyone experiences here, or some suggestions?

Second question: does anyone know how to turn on my nice cambridge
soundworks 5.1 system. At the moment sound only comes from the front two
speakers. It would be nice if it used the other three too.

Cheers,

Jord