Re: mixture of regular debian libs and ximian gnome libs

Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net> writes:

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:43:49AM +0200, Josef Oswald wrote:
>> Well it seems that by installing ximian gnome I installed a mixture of
>> incompatible libs, ( just found out this evening as I wanted to
>> install various *-dev libs.)
>>
>> Now how can I solve this situation?
>
> Uninstall all the Ximian packages, they're quite broken and completely
> incompatible with the GNOME in woody (which will be that stable
> distribution in a week or two (or twenty)).  This command line should
> help:
> COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l|grep -i ximian
> The COLUMNS variable is needed because dpkg crops the version field if
> the terminal is too small.

First thanks for responding, now after I run this command I've got
_lots_ of ximian packages, how do I remove them ( I know that with
apt-get remove <package>  a single package can be removed....
But a whole Bunch of them?

thanks again :-)

--
LinuxUser aka Josef Oswald linux.os@chello.at