Re: exim configuration

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 10:33:57PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> The problem I have is that I'm not really clear on what of the 5 choices
> I should pick up for the Server versus the various clients I have, which
> are running exim as localhost mail.
>
> Can someone give me a rough sketch of where I might start?

You'll want to base the server on option 1 (Internet site) or 2
(Internet site using smarthost), depending on whether you feel a need
to route all outgoing mail through your ISP's server.  A few sites
will refuse to accept mail from 'unknown' machines and may assume
you're a spammer if you don't use your ISP to launder the mail.
Personally, though, I don't use a smarthost as these sites are few
and far between these days, provided that you have a static IP
address.

For the clients, use option 3 (Satellite system), using your mail
server as the smarthost.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss