Re: MS Outlook98: wrong place for mails from Debian-User-DE-list

On Fri, 17 May 2002 09:12:06 +0200
"Walther, Christoph" <Christoph.Walther@t-systems.com> wrote:

> Dear Debian-interested conmunity,
>
> I'm subscribed in debian-user-german@lists.debian.org,
> incoming mails from this list are provided to be received in the
> folder Debian-User-DE Liste in my Outlook post-box.
> Unfortunately, some of this mails will be directlly allocated in the
> Outlook post-box instead in the Debian-User-DE Liste in my Outlook
> post-box. The rule in my rule-assistant seems to be correct:
>
> Nach Erhalt einer Nachricht,
> die an debian-user-german@lists.debian.org gesendet wurde,
> diese in den Ordner Debian-User-DE Liste verschieben
> und keine weiteren Regeln anwenden

I've never used outlook, so I can only guess what's going on...

I'm not sure what Mr Gates means by 'die an XXX gesendet wurde', if he
means 'if to: contains XXX then ...', that can be the problem. Maybe the
filter won't 'click' when the message was send to the list as a carbon
copy (cc).

I think the best thing to do is to sort messages on the X-Mailing-List
header. This uniquely defines the set of messages that went through the
mailing list system. It also solves the problem of what to do with
cross-posted (send to multiple mailing lists) messages.

Hope that helps,

Tim