Re: From latex to context

Check out http://berend.gameren.nl/tex/LaTeX2ConTeXt.pdf.  It's a tutorial on
ConTeXt for current users of LaTeX.  I gave it a glance, but didn't really see
the point since LaTeX is already there and mature.

But as they say, "different strokes for different folks."

Isn't there a babel package for Italian that does what you want?  I do a lot
of writing in Vietnamese, and I'm starting to learn Cherokee so I've started
trying my hand at Omega/Lambda (http://omega.cse.unsw.edu.au:8080/index.html).
Documentation is basically non-existent, but you can browse the helpful
mailing list archives and even join the helpful mailing list if you like (very
low traffic).

Just some random thoughts.  Have fun.