From: Michael Madden [mailto:madden@maddentechnologies.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 11:13 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: mgetty + pppd on woody

I've setup mgetty & pppd to allow incoming connections to my home
computer
with a broadband connection.  I can successfully dial up, login, and
obtain an ip address, but I can only connect (ping, ftp, telnet, etc)
to the box I dialed into.  I cannot connect to other boxes on my lan
or connect to the internet.  Is there something more I need to setup
on my Debian Woody machine to allow outbound connections?

If it helps I am using the following mgetty/ppp software:
ii  mgetty         1.1.27-4.1     Smart Modem getty replacement
ii  ppp            2.4.1.uus-4    Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) daemon.
ii  pppconfig      2.0.14         A text menu based utility for
configuring pp

Thanks,
Mike