patch or "sparse package" support under dpkg

Hi,

  I'm having trouble finding how to make patch packages under dpkg.

  Specifically I would like to make a package that would overwrite
only certain files in the original package, and possibly add several
new files.  The package has become so large that it's inconvenient
to ship/install all the files when only several of them have changed,
and a patch update would do very nicely.

  Is it possible to do such a thing with dpkg?

Truly,
Aleksey.