Re: Mutt file locking?

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 11:34:53AM -0600, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> My server is running nfs-user-server.
> Anyone know the right way to fix this instead of just going to an older
> version of mutt?

The userspace NFS server doesn't handle locking.  You have to switch
to a kernel with NFS server support (if your current kernel doesn't
already have it) and use nfs-kernel-server.  Going to a version of
mutt that doesn't complain about failed locks is not recommended, as
this would create the possibility for messages to be lost if they
arrive while you're reading mail.

The other option would be to ssh in to the mail server and run mutt
there, thus removing NFS from the equation entirely.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss