Re: Sendmail: How to get at the envelope in Procmail?

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 08:33:58AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2002, Carel Fellinger wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I understand the setup, so I may be way off here.
> >
> > The best solution is to have your IPS (or who ever fills that mailbox)
> > add a Delivered-To header with the envelop To header.
>
> It's my mail server, so I control it. Your suggestion sounds good. I'll do

Great!  So the real solution is attainable.

> some Googling, but can you tell me how to configure Sendmail to add this
> header? (Preferably what to add to my sendmail.mc so it'll persist)

Well, considering my lack of knowledge of sendmail, my only advice can
be to start using exim:)  Nah, I can do better then that, I can have a
look at sendmail's faq, yep there it is, faq Q3.29. Yack, you'll have to
use procmail just to add a single header.  Maybe it's really time to
switch to exim:)  Or you could go for postfix wich adds Deliverd-To
headers per default.

--
groetjes, carel